Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Fairys: Chapter 40

Copper, ammonia patina
This mask took a very long time, and 21 tiny sawblades, but I think it was worth it. it's taken several days to pu up here, because the green patina takes several days to mature. It's done with household ammonia; I don't usually use chemical patinas, and this reminded me why. That said, I think she looks glorious. Of the Fairies, Borges has this to say- "...It is said that the Fairies are the most numerous, the most beautiful, and the most memorable of the minor supernatural beings. They are not restricted to a particular place or a particular period..." He does not describe any particular fairys, but mentions those of several continents, and quotes Yeats a bit. My kickstarter funding is open for another 8 days, contribute here!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Rachel! I'm glad to have you following along with this.

    ReplyDelete